View Single Post

Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

Just my opinion.

An engraved gun is beautiful. The best firearm engraving I have ever seen is a the R.W. Norton Art gallery in Shreveport, LA on some guns that are out of this world. If I had a few million dollars, I would try to buy them.

I had one gun lightly engraved with a floral pattern on the barrel and my initials on the side plate in script. Several years later I sold the gun when I tired of the engraving. I lost a ton of money on it and it took a year of advertising to find a buyer. For the little amount of money it sold for, I should have just kept it. Now I wish I had but the engraving is what made it difficult to sell and my initials did not help either. Well I may could have held out until I found a buyer with my same initials.

If I had a gun engraved today, it would be a gun that would be displayed with lights, sealed case and be passed down to great, great grand kids. Even then it would not have my initials on it.

Other than for the pretty, engraving only makes a gun depreciate. I buy them for future investments while using them today.