View Single Post

Old 07-11-2010, 09:13 AM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

They were quality guns, they didn't make many, and they don't make them anymore, now they command a premium. If you want one, you gotta pay. There's a nice 2" example in the classifieds right now for $750 with the box and everything.

The Taurus offering is a Taurus, you might get lucky and get a good one or, like me, you might get one with issues. You've got about a 50/50 chance.

Charter Arms doesn't offer a 9mm revolver. They talked about it for about a year and a half but now they've removed all mention of it from they're website. They did make the Pit Bull in 9mm Federal a while back but it used a proprietary cartridge, the 9mm Federal, which was a rimmed 9mm ala the .45 Auto Rim. Neither the gun nor the cartridge caught on, nowadays it's mostly just an interesting paperweight.

You could do what several of us here have done and that is make your own. IMO, a 13oz 9mm snubby is something S&W should build, but they don't listen to me so I took matters into my own hands. My BUG is a 360J that has been rechambered to 9mm (9x23). You can also take a pre-J-magnum framed gun and have a 940 cylinder fitted to it.

Last edited by WC145; 07-11-2010 at 09:19 AM.