Thread: M&P 10mm.
View Single Post

Old 07-14-2010, 10:20 AM

Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2c5s View Post
Hmmm, I can shoot .45 230 ball all day out of my M&P, zero recoil issues and very pleasant. Load up some 185 gr. stingers and that's when the problems start. And no, recoil in itself does not bother me. The gun has a harmonics issue with hot .45's. To put it in perspective, I would rather shoot my 1911 3" 10mm with hot loads before the M&P.
The M&P I had had lot of barrel hop, more then the G20 of mine or the G21 of a friends for some reason and I was not able to get a decent group like I could with the Glocks, the M&P didn't hurt the hands either. I just could not hit with it, so I got rid of the gun. The polly guns have enough flex to help with recoil and they do not have that metal to metal slap that my 1006 & 1086 had, the 1911 does bother me some but I have not shot it that much to really tell.

When the bullets get heavier so does recoil, it psychics. But the vibrations are different, that has to do with other things like velocity and bullet design.

Would I buy a M&P 10 mm, maybe. I don't plink with the Glocks, they are SD weapons and they are excellent for that purpose so why spend the dollars. I am however trying to save for a Night Guard or 610 4" revolver. I lean toward the 610 because it's a shooter and will not shoot apart like the 310 NG if shot a lot.