View Single Post

Old 07-16-2010, 12:39 AM

Liked 149 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I922sParkCir View Post
How's the trigger pull on it? I'm thinking about getting one for my mother. She likes the .45 but I would hate to get her something with a terribly heavy trigger.
I've shot just about every DAO S&W there is in .40, 9mm and .45ACP and I like them a lot. The DAO trigger is smooth, fairly short, and not overly heavy, but I don't know how strong your mom's hands are. Smith DAOs are easy to learn to shoot well and feel nothing like the long, heavy, and often rough 1st shot pull of traditional DA/SA triggers.

The DAO system on S&W 3rd gen. guns is safe, fast to bring to action and dead simple to master. I really like these guns for those factors. In fact I think the 3953 and 3954 DAO compacts are two of the best CCW 9mm pistols ever built.

All the S&W DAO 3rd generation guns share excellent ergonomics, great sights, and tremendous reliability and durability. They are really good guns.

One important thing to know is the slide is a tad longer on the DAO models so thumb break holsters built for the traditional DA/SA models may or may not work with a DAO.

/c