Thread: AMMO TALK
View Single Post

Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 AM

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default AMMO TALK

Hey everyone. Had myself a great day at the range and thought I'd share how my 15-22 went through a bunch of various ammos and share pics of my targets. I did all of my shooting at an outdoor range at 25 yards with 0 wind. I shot from a very solid benchrested position with a NcStar 3-9X42 scope. All groups are 10 rounds shot at 1 inch stickers. Exception is the Rem GB was shot at a 2 inch sticker because I ran outa 1 inchers. Scope was zeroed using Win 333 ammo so ignore group placement, what counts are sizes. Ammos tested:

Federal 550 Bulk Pack
Remington Gold Bullet 550 Bulk Pack
Winchester 333 Bulk Pack
Winchester Super X .37 Grain High Velocity Hollow Point
CCI Mini-Mag .36 Grain Hollow Point
CCI Mini-Mag .40 Grain Round Nose
CCI Stinger Hyper Velocity

Looks like for my 15-22 CCI is the Bees Knees while Win 333 is gonna be my go-to econo class..for now....I still want to test these loads at 50 75 and 100 yards to see whats best overall as far as trajectory consistancy over a 100 yard span. As far as the reliability goes, I shot close to 600 rounds that day (lots of metal target plinking) and I did not have one single failure, not one (Very Happy). My only gripe is DON'T buy the Barska Red-Dot electro sight I have!! It sucks! Adjustmets are **** and it does not stay zeroed. The NcStar scope works very well. Only problem with it I had is if I removed it from the gun and put it back on, I would have to re-zero it. It would be off by about 1 inch each time. But as long as I did not remove it, it stayed perfectly zeroed.