View Single Post

Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Mag318, I managed to find a local shop that has all three (the S&W Bodyguard 380, the Kahr P380, and the Ruger LCP), plus a handful of other 380s (e.g., Sig P238, Kel Tec P-3AT). You're absolutely right about the size differences between the first three. Laid out on the counter, the differences (where they occur) are effectively inconsequential. Likewise, just as you said, the Kahr and the S&W clearly were the best of the bunch. My wife liked the Kahr the best, although she reported the S&W to be a close second. For her, the difference seemed to come down to the shorter, lighter trigger on the Kahr, and general ergonomics (i.e., person-to-pistol fit). For me, it was a toss up. The Kahr fit my hand somewhat better, but I'm more accustomed to the revolver-like trigger pull of the S&W.

Bottomline, I'm glad that I ordered the S&W at the crazy low price when I had the opportunity, but it looks like we probably will be picking up the Kahr as well. Such as shame, having to buy two pistols in the space of a few weeks...tsk tsk.