View Single Post

Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
No test has been published which enables anyone to identify the "best". You would do well with any of the recent bullets from major makers. Look for Winchester Rangers, Speer Gold Dots and Remington Golden Sabers. Look for a 124-grain +P hollowpoint at a minimum. And test them to make sure that they function well and are accurate in your gun - guns are very individual with what they like sometimes.

Based on having done this, I carry Speer 124-gr +P short barrel Gold Dots in my 3" CZ RAMI and Winchester 127-gr +P+ Ranger (RA9TA) in my 4" Sigma.

The most important thing is that you shoot your gun accurately and place your shots into the vitals. This requires your gun to function, it requires shot-placement, and it requires adequate penetration. Any decent 9x19 JHP on the market should be able to handle this from your 908. There is no magic bullet, but you should be able to do well with any number of them out there.
Thanks for reply!I agree with everything you stated.The guy at the range told me to buy Corbon,he swore and praised and went on and on of what a great bullet they are, from the way they are manufactured to the way they are tested and the way there are individually inspected before packaging.VERY EXPENSIVE tho, which isn't a problem if there that good and you are defending your life or your family's life..........