Thread: Bear Attack
View Single Post

Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 PM

Liked 6,035 Times in 2,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
Here is some more newpaper coverage of the event. In the related section is an article about a couple of bears that have made it east to the Missouri River. The bears seem to have recovered enough to start moving into their traditional territory.

One of the places I used to bird hunt was quite a ways from the mountains yet a week after I hunted along the creek another hunter was mauled by a griz. You just never know where the bears are at.

They are spooky quiet also, for such a big animal they sure do move fast and light.

Grizzly euthanized; tests link her to maulings | greatfallstribune.com | Great Falls Tribune

bob
I was BS'ing with a rancher at a wellhead when he said he looked in the field and saw his bulls were out of place. He jumped in the 4 wheeler to round them up and as he came over the ridge realized he had 4 adult grizzlies and 2 cubs. He decided it was time for an eye appointment and spun it around fast. On the Eastern Rocky Mt front the first 50 miles East is Grizz country, not just the pines.