View Single Post

Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,206 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerojoe View Post
One more that I need a little help with. I bought this gun a few months ago at an auction in BF egypt. They had it listed as and officers special. When I first saw it I said damn drove all this way for a model 10 but upon closer inspection it was not marked model 10. So called good old Dad. DPD has it listed as a Smith & Wesson officers police special.

I new it was an older gun as it is a 5 screw gun. It looks to be fired very little hardly a drag line on the cylinder and the bore looks beautiful. I know the gun was issued at retirement in 1966. He didn't get a checked in date or if it was issued for duty use as he wanted to get back to me so I would have an idea on bidding. (Haven't had time to get the info now.)

I added the grips as the one's that were on it looked like the target grips with the thumb shelf on the .45 conversion a few posts up. I believe these are the correct era for the gun but once again not sure.

So guys what is it I was thinking an M&P but what the hell do I know. I never herd of a S&W officers or Police Special it is chambered in .38 special. The & in the stamping on the side is a funny shape really elongated. Pictures are a little ******. It has a good shine although in a few spots it looks like somebody used steel wool to clean it I cleaned it up with flitz but might look for a professional opinion if it can be cleaned up without damaging the finish.

AeroJoe - I am waiting to take possession of this Detroit Police Pre Model 10 Snubnose in nickel. The DPD Property Number is 10012; well used; the nickel is wearing thin but it still has class and character, and it comes with the holster that was supposedly issued with it.

The Following User Likes This Post: