Thread: AMMO TALK
View Single Post

Old 08-06-2010, 01:45 PM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfSwiss View Post
Ladyfox,

From what I've read, there have also been a lot of OOB's, FTF's, and FTE's using the recommended ammo. It's not just a non-recommended ammo thing.

I would think that S&W would find it very difficult to deny warranty involving non-recommended ammo if that ammo meets the SAAMI specs for 22 LR. Also, with S&W customer service's positive attitude, I would be very surprised if they would refuse warranty because of using ammo on their non-recommended list. Note, it's their recommendation for what and what not to use, not their requirement for warranty.
If I gave the impression that ALL rimfire ammo was perfect that was not my intention. But, were it me, I'd shy away from anything the vendor said was not a good idea to use since I've no desire to turn my baby into a scrap pile that and I absolutely despise the goo, or whatever that gunk is, that Remington puts on their ammo. *shudder*

As far as S&W denying the claim I just mentioned it was a possibility not that it would have been a good idea for them to do so. However, you do have a good point in that I don't think it is a condition regarding the warranty.