Thread: 460 reloads
View Single Post

Old 08-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Liked 476 Times in 279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies View Post
Hi Again, Check out, Handloads.com...460 Handgun data they list 53.3 gr of H10 using a 250 grain XTP.
Charlie

Charlies......this is from Handloads.com about the load info you are referring to.

Quote:
Working up loads for the .460, I had no load data available. None. Keep in mind that all data listed here is by careful experimentation. None of it has been pressure tested, and I by no means suggest that the reader try to duplicate any of it. Pressure tested load data should be available very soon from sources such as Hodgdon Powder Company. I show this to illustrate my findings with the test gun only. Others much more qualified than I are working on load data for the .460 Magnum.
I have loaded a lot of .460 and a few 250gr XTP bullets(they too are intended for .45 colt velocities and NOT .460 velocities). No way would I pack 51 gr of H110 under one of 'em and shoot it outta my gun. 240 gr XTP-MAGS(intended for .460 velocities) exhibit sticky extraction in my gun with any load over 47.5gr of H110, even tho this is still one gr below max. The 250 grainers seat quite a bit deeper...........just sayin'.

I suggest you get a reliable manual or two and cross reference your "internet" loads first before proceeding.