View Single Post

Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmar View Post
Not to be a wet blanket on this whole Bodyguard issue, but to me, this new Bodyguard is a pretty big gun for the caliber. I'd go with the Kahr PM9 any day compared to the Bodyguard. About the same size, but a much more powerful round. I've carried my PM9 for 4 years now, and it's been flawless in performance, and has a great trigger. I'd be more interested in the Bodyguard, if it was chambered in 9mm, and if it was not having these types of problems being reported...

If you really want a great small .380, to me, the Kahr P380 is the best .380 size/gun. Same size as the LCP, but has a much, much better trigger, real sights, and is very accurate as a result... Kahrs are a little pricey, but are very good quality, and can't be beat for size/power.
Having handled both, the PM9 is a good bit heavier than the Kahr P380, and the 0.2" extra width matters (to me at least) when it's in one's pocket. When attire will allow for a lumpy pocket, I carry my 340PD, which is still lighter than the PM9.

The Kahr P380 is a sweet pistol, no doubt about it. I bought one for my better half (she picked it out) shortly after I bought the BG380, and her pistol was flawless right out of the box. Well, technically she had one stovepipe in the first magazine, but I don't think that it was the pistol. No failures in the 198 rounds that followed the one stovepipe. If I were to do it over again, I might pick up the Kahr P380 for myself as well, in place of the BG380, although the BG380 does have some nice features, such as easier disassembly, a safety, a laser, etc.

Despite my argument about the size and weight advantage of the BG380 (over the Kahr PM9), like you, I now am a fan of Kahr pistols. I think my next acquisition will be a PM40 or an MK40.