View Single Post

Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 50,736 Times in 6,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handejector View Post
Is that a plastic buttplate, or a recoil pad? It looks thick in the pic.
What is the LOP? Easy to measure from center of front trigger to center edge of butt. Get a tape out. This greatly affects the value.

Chad gave good advice. NOTE what he said about chamber length- unless it has been punched out, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it is 2-9/16.

It is what is known as a "guild" gun. Easier to Google that than for me to explain. Probably built by 10 or more different private gunsmiths who belonged to the guild.

Again, as Chad says, it can talk a lot if you can speak its language. Along with what Chad said, it is likely dated- the proof date. Look for that.

You are selling it short. It WON'T be difficult to sell. It just comes down to condition, that important LOP, and Bore and Mechanical condition.
Lee,

The length of pull is 13 3/4". The buttplate appears to be plastic; it's not a recoil pad. It looks professionally installed, even all around except for being a little proud at the toe. This could be from wood shrinkage over the years. I notice "8.20" over "21" on the flats with the proofs. Could that be the date of proof (i.e. 8/20/1921)? Here's a pic of the buttplate:

Last edited by PALADIN85020; 09-03-2010 at 02:57 PM.