View Single Post

Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM

Liked 2,961 Times in 1,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittShooter View Post
The BG is essentially the same size as the LCP. I have both. The differences are less than an inch. You would have to make the same arguement for the LCP being too large then as well. The PM9 is a great gun, but is significantly heavier than the BG (and thicker as noted by another poster). For a pocket gun, every oz counts in my book.
My point was that the BG is large for it's caliber, particularly compared to increase in firepower that you get with a PM9. I'm glad the BG is to your liking, but again, I really think the PM9 is a much better defensive carry package for it's size. Here's the stats:

LCP
L - 5.16
H - 3.6
W - .82
WT - 9.4 oz (gun only)

BODYGUARD .380
L - 5.25
H - 4.1
W - .75
WT - 11.85 oz

KAHR PM9
L - 5.3
H - 4.0
W - .90
WT - 14 oz

Overall, the PM9 is right in the same dimensional ballpark compared to the BG. I agree that the PM9 is about 2 ounces heavier, but to me, it's worth it to have the 9mm vs. .380. Everyone's carry tolerance is different, but the difference is very minimal to me...

As I also mentioned, I find the P380 the best overall package for a .380 caliber carry gun. And, to your point, the LCP is lighter than the BG (by about 2.5 ounces...). I'm really not trying to be nit picky/argumentative on this, but think it's worth consideration for those that are trying to make a decision on what will be their best choice... I'm sure the BG would be a good choice (as long as they get these bugs worked out...), but to me, it does not seem like the best choice.