View Single Post

Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

sup guys, i just got my gun back from the gun smith, he put on the new HiViz front sight for me, which looks awesome! but sadly when i went to shoot my gun for the first time at 5 yards just to test it out, it was sooo un accurate. i was extremely pissed. at first i thought it was just me not getting used to the new sight, but its my rear sight thats the problem.

i had the gun smith check out my rear sight while he installed my HiViz front sight, because my rear sight had a little wiggle when i would touch it.. nothing major, but i just wanted him to check it out for me. he said it was perfectly normal, as the other s&w guns he showed me did the same thing. so i know he messed with the rear sight a bit, but he never put my rear sight back to how it was in it's original position.

i thought gun smiths calibrate your sights, after they install them?
well i'm pissed, because before my accuracy was amazing a 5yards and now it just makes me want to sell my gun back, im so angry. because i don't know how to adjust my sights to make it perfect like S&W factory calibrated it to be.

can i just fix this problem at the range with a screwdriver? i only have to adjust my rear sight, but i seriously don't know how i'm going to get it back to perfect like it was before..

thanks guys.