View Single Post

Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper21 View Post
well, it would be an online purchase only because i dont feel like paying the full $530 retail that everyone local is charging. I know that it is the threaded barrel version, manuf.# 811033. are all the threaded barrel models good to go? i haven't heard anyone specifically say yes or no yet, but the major underlying assumption is that the new ones were all corrected
Short answer is no one really knows if all the ones for sale now are the "new specs". There could be, and likely are ones left over still in backroom/warehouse stock piles that are the old non blue spring models. I remember reading a post on here, not to long back where some one had a threaded barrel rifle, and he had to send it back. Im not sure but I think it "may" have been a DTZ serial. But either way Im sure it was a threaded barrel that was being sent back to S&W.

Perfect example. Here is a DTX rifle.. obviously in the series before the DTZ rifles. Seems those DT models were the most problematic, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm025 View Post
New 15/22, one with the flash suppressor, but no magpul. DTX5xxx, red star, blue spring in bolt. Thought I might be in the clear with the blue spring, but got to shoot it today finally and looks like i will be sending it back to S&W.
So I guess this DOES put an end to the question of are "all threaded barrels good to go, even with the newest blue springs". But the springs were not all that were "corrected". As the rotating extractor pin was also adressed in the newer serial model rifles.

Last edited by DownRange&Upwind; 09-10-2010 at 01:27 AM.