View Single Post

Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM

Liked 32 Times in 16 Posts

Yes, I do still have the HP. It unfortunately is not a five screw. I believe I bought that gun in 1965. Front Royal Supply was a very popular distributor in that time and some early Model 29s should letter to them if they were in business under that name in 1956. Ken hunted with the big boys, Keith, O'Connor etc. However, that was not important to me then since many of the old timers were still alive and writing about hunts they went on last week. It is too bad Ken didn't write so we could know more about him. I found out how deep he was in handguns and big game hunting by reading the work of others. To me, he was just a guy I bought guns from. I was buying handguns from Ken when I was in high school and, somehow, my age never came up in the conversation. One time, Ken and I were in the parking lot in front of his warehouse. He brought up something about the Magna grip. To illustrate, he pulled the big 29 out of the holster on the driver's seat of his truck and told me to sight on the showroom window of the Ford dealership a half block up on Commerce Street. As an afterthought, he said, "Don't pull that trigger."
The Following 2 Users Like Post: