View Single Post

Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitstream View Post
Can anyone give me a review of their LCR? The good, the bad? I'll probably buy it for her soon, but wanted to hear from any owners first if possible. I showed her a magazine review of the S&W Bodyguard .38, but she didn't like that the laser button is on top and that it has multiple modes (she likes the very simple CT scheme of on when you grip it, off when you let go).
I have had both...the Bodyguard .38 and the Ruger LCR...and I liked them both. I trade a lot, and on a whim, I traded them both for something else. I regret trading the LCR...it shot well, and was very comfortable. I wasn't quite as fond of the BG .38...no real issues with it, just that the LCR felt a lot better. I currently have a 642 (new no-lock model) that I plan on giving to my wife, and I will be getting another LCR now that they are available in .357 Mag. I think the LCR is a great CCW revolver, and I carried it in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I have ordered one of Mika's pocket holsters, and I will use that for my LCR (to be purchased) and use the Uncle Mike's holster for the 642, which will be my wife's purse gun.