View Single Post

Old 10-01-2010, 01:20 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnutred View Post
But DC vs Heller came first. I suspect the idea of a test case was being considered for a while and for some reason it was decided the test would be in DC. Unless McDonald and Heller were very wealthy they could not have taken a case to the SC without outside funding. Whoever was providing that outside funding would have helped decide the sequence of the cases and would have had logical reasons for doing so.
You hit the 10-ring there. Take a look at this:

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
There are not only bad laws but bad interpretations of laws.
Another bullseye, but nothing new I'm afraid. One step at a time . . .

Quote:
DC is NOT a State and does NOT have the full rights of a State.
This is true. However, it has no bearing on the issue you raised in your original post. If I understand you correctly, you were asking whether CCW in national parks is now permitted in DC. The first response sums it up nicely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
What we now have is commonality in law with the jurisdiction in which the national park is located. If the controlling jurisdiction (city, state, or county) in which the NP is located allows CCW, then it's allowed in the NP under those same local, state, or county laws that are already in existence. While your point is a valid one (IMO), it is not reality.
Quote:
Personally I'd like to see DC made the test case for National Reciprocity. It's a city not a State, so it is not a States Rights issue. Since in theory DC is jointly held by all States DC should have to accept any States CCW permit.
I'd like to see this as well, but under what circumstances would such a test case arise? Sadly, at this time CCW is not a constitutional right and would need to be in order for national reciprocity to exist. Given the attitude of DC and other anti-gun communities in the wake of Heller and McDonald I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Last edited by watchmanjimg; 10-01-2010 at 02:17 PM.