View Single Post

Old 10-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Liked 446 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
When I bought the gun, I stocked up on magazines. They all have had the white followers added, as well as Wolff springs. I want to say they are the 5+... but could very well be 10+. So, that may be the cause. I am unsure about the Novak work for them. I may just send the bodies to CCR for cera-plate, if I decide to do anything with them ($200 worth of work in either event). That plating has worked well on other magazines in regards to ease of insertion/dropping, since it is self-lubricating.
I also wanted to expand on this...

Out of ten magazines, six lock in perfectly (empty) with the slide closed. Three take a little bit of effort, and one is just a complete pain to lock. With that being said, I don't have to be really forceful with the three... but that one will only lock like that if I slam it home. All have the same springs and followers, being I rebuilt them as I picked them up.

The six good ones are labeled ES (3), ES1 (1), and MS1 (2). The three iffy ones are ES (1) and ES1 (2). The really tough one is ES1. Considering that, I did rebuild three or four back in a last group when I purchased them. So, maybe they are not worn in as the other six.

So, I think I'll just shoot more and see what happens.