View Single Post

Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone. First post here but have been lurking for a little while now. I feel like I practically know you all! I've been slowly saving up for a 15-22. I just had a baby boy so I've been cautious about how much I set aside, but found out yesterday I'm getting a nice bonus at work. So right after work I stopped by my local gun store and picked up my new 15-22.

The store had two 15-22s on display and both were DTUs. They were both a bit dusty and I was hoping those had just been sitting there for a while and weren't actually sold to customers. I got excited when the clerk said she would grab a new one from the safe. Unfortunately the one she handed me was a DTU 99xx as well. I cracked open the upper right there and noticed no blue springs. I'll cross my fingers and hope I don't have any issues with it. Of course I'll just send it back to S&W if I do. Since I'm in NY, I wonder if the "compliant" model inventory doesn't move as fast as the standard models in other states.

Anyway, no sense in posting a stock gun photo. So I'll wait until I get some goodies added to it. Thanks to everyone for your info and pictures. You all have been a great resource. This gun looks like it'll be a blast! (no pun intended Now I'm off to shop for accessories!

-Ken