View Single Post

Old 10-20-2010, 11:16 PM

Liked 26,171 Times in 8,809 Posts
Angry

Well it will be interesting to see how this plays out, to say the least. I watched the CNBC special on the M 700 ( it's actually the first time I have ever watched that channel & only because of this special ) and obviously it was heavily slanted against Remington for obvious reasons, but what we did not hear, was Remington's side of the story. When they interviewed Mike Walker who is the inventor of that particular trigger mechanism, he readily admitted there was a problem with this rifle going back to 1946. That is not going to help Remington any! Why the company never corrected the design is beyond me, especially since Mike Walker drew a schematic of the fix for them back in 1948! According to the program, this fix would have cost Remington 5 1/2 cents per unit, so it really does not make much sense for them to not do anything. They say that for Remington to recall all of the 5 million M 700's and change the mechanisms would cost them more than the net worth of the entire Company! I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out, but one thing is for sure, I doubt Remington will sell too many M 700's for Christmas this year.

chief38