View Single Post

Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 AM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

To be honest, I think anyone would be crazy not to take a long look at the current M&P line of guns. The Glock 19 has long been held in the highest regard by Operators in military, law enforcement, and private security companies.

S&W took the Glock handgun and improved it further with the M&P line. The fact that the fullsize 9mm/.40 models are almost identical in size to the G19 is no coincidence IMO. It is an incredibly concealable gun, has 16+1 capacity, recoil is virtually non existent for follow up shots, and given the large choice of lethal 9mm defense rounds... the M&P9 is really an ideal carry gun. If deeper concealment or a backup gun is desired, the M&P9c fits the role perfect. Or go .40 if thats your cup of tea.

With the option of a thumb safety and the new APEX DCAEK kit to improve the trigger pull, there is really nothing left to not like about the gun. I've had owners of custom 1911s shoot them and they end up buying one.

Just keep in mind, I love a stainless 6 shot S&W, but for CCW we have a responsibility to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and any innocent bystanders. A gun should be chosen as the best possible combat gun when picking a CCW gun. Then get the beauties and classics and fun big bores for plinking!

Just my $0.02.

Steve