Thread: Bodyguard 380
View Single Post

Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnharley View Post
Congrats. You will love shooting this gun. It just feels good in the hand. WallyWorld has the best prices on the Winchester white box or Remington FMJ practice ammo at $31 for 100 rounds if you can find it in stock.
I bought two 50 round boxes of PMC Bronze 90gr FMJ and one 25 round box of Hornady Critical Defense 90 gr FTX. I didn't bother to look at our local Wal-Mart since they never stock any handgun ammo. The PMC was $20 a box, and the Hornady was $25...at $1 a round, I won't be burning up a lot of that!

The BG80 does feel a lot better than the other 380s I have tried, including the Kahr, LCP, the Bersa Thunder (which didn't feel bad, it was just too big for a pocket pistol; at that size, I'd rather carry my M&P9c or G26), and the SIG P238. I have to admit, I kinda liked the P238, but I wanted a pistol that my wife could also carry in her purse on occasion too, and she was scared of the "cocked and locked" carry (she doesn't like my 1911s either) so I traded it.

I'm going to try to find some ammo at other Wal-Marts or Academy...I've ordered online before, but the shipping costs eat up any savings, so I might as well buy locally.