View Single Post

Old 10-30-2010, 05:34 PM

Liked 2,053 Times in 570 Posts

Hi Texas Star,

Thank you that you missed me. I am a litle confused. I posted al ready 1000 post, and when I see my count I see 203.
I am still busy on this great forum. Most post are in the lounge.
I cant miss the contact whit my American fellow Smith nuts.
(if it was on me i already stayed for good in the states)

Alright. The number on the snubnose is without a letter before the serial number . So it isnt in the 70. You are right it is a 2 inch. The frontsight is altred sometimes in a good manner but you can see it becouse the blue is different of the rest of the revolver. I dont believe that the stock is factory. The former owner has bought it in the 60 ties in a pawn shop. It was stuckt away in his colbert with an other revolver. When flying back to Holland. It was a very hot trip. But he didnt dear to put out his jacket afraid of discovery that he has 2 revolvers with him. I love this story.

When I bought this revolver from him he was still convinsed that it was a model 36. I was a litle suprised becouse he was a gunlover and has a lot of knoledge about revolvers.

I asked him how many shots has a model 36. He says 5. Right I sayed hw many shot has this revolver. He says 6. OK, is this then a model 36?

I am very happy with this revolver and payed him more than he asked for.
Becouse the 2 1/2 inch you dont see often. Not in Holland.
I dont want to ripp of a very old and good friend of me.

Last edited by Thuer; 10-30-2010 at 05:50 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: