View Single Post

Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 PM

Liked 29,811 Times in 11,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm View Post
I don't exactly suspect anything in particular. Its just his general demeanor and some actions lately that don't quite add up, and I'm a little unsettled by it. I was just thinking that maybe a bit of digging could shed some light on it if I understood more of his background. And by "background" I mean criminal history, employment history, etc.

I'm not looking for a reason to terminate this guy, as I don't need one. I am looking to put my mind at ease, and to be able to trust him, and to figure out who exactly I'm dealing with. He's been with us for about 6 years or so, and nobody really knows much about him and he doesn't offer much, but he's just one of those guys that makes you wonder.
Remember that there are plenty of folk around who have had previous employment that does not welcome too much digging. As for not knowing much about a person, well their life outside work is theirs, unless you have them in some spook/security related position. Last time I checked, it was not illegal to keep your business to yourself, although there are plenty around who wish it was. I am one of those that when somebody says "I should be able to run a check on that person any time I like and find out everything about them", I usually reply, "Be careful what you wish for".