View Single Post

Old 10-31-2010, 02:51 AM

Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Mr. Jarrett
I don't recall. I stopped buy on Thursday I think. I was working and the Co. I work for is really anti gun. So stopping off at a gun shop could be considered a bad thing by some management. So I was not in there long. I'm new to the S&W collecting thing so I don't always know what I'm looking at. But what I did notice was that it looked to me to be a 1917 in .45 long colt. I Love the .45 long colt and the for sale sign said. S&W 1917 .45 long colt. When I looked at it I think I seen that it said .45
long on the barrel . I asked if this was the same as .45 long colt and I was told that yes it was. It looked like a older gun. It looked like it had what I thought was coke bottle grips with the diamond . I'm guessing the finish was 85 95 % . There were no military markings on it so I asked if it was a commercial gun and they said yes. This looked to me and sounded to me like a commercial S&W 1917 in .45 long colt. The more I thought about it the more I liked it. When I got home I tried to look it up in my Standard Catalog Of Smith & Wesson and could not find it. So I thought well I'll go back and take a look and if it looks factor authentic I'd get it and then try and pin point what it is. Well I went back and it was gone.
My life story.
A day late and a $ short.