View Single Post

Old 11-05-2010, 01:17 AM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
First, I am not trying to start an argument, either. Many diverse opinions are presented here each day. You won't hurt my feelings when disagreeing with me.

Now, back to the point.

I daresay I have more CCW experience than most. I have CCW'ed for 35+ years and have done so in every state.

I have carried everything from j-frames to 14 round autoloaders and have never (to the best of my knowledge) been "made."

For IWB I have never used other than a belt clip holster. (Until a couple months ago when I became a Remora fan.)

For OWB I have never used anything other than a two slot holster...some with retainers...most not.

So, less is more...at least for me.

Be safe.

QUOTE=PersonalSecurity;135682570]

Not trying to start an arguement, but I think it will be hard to find experienced people to agree that a smaller holster is more comfortable and more concealable. Of course a holster can be too big, but finding the right size often means people new to guns and carry will think it is too big of a holster. A common mistake is to pick the smallest holster. Then when the gun doesn't hide, people start buying smaller guns. Often, a good holster will make almost any size gun disappear comfortably.

But to each their own...

Steve
[/QUOTE]

I completely understand. I know its hard to tell tone on the internet, but I don't get sensitive when talking about gear. If you could tell tone, I would have a friendly voice constantly and never approach a discussion as a confrontation. I just try to pass on what experience of myself and trained professionals has taught me works best. At the end of the day, there are hundreds of handguns and hundreds of holsters... so nothing is a "one size fits all". There is always a degree of personality to gear selection, and 35 years of carrying is called "valuable experience" in my eyes.

Should you decide to get another holster down the road, I urge you to try one of mine - even if it is only for a week and you send it back for the full refund. Worse case, you don't like it and it didn't cost you anything. I try and implement what works best over what looks best and I am always open to revisions. Given your time carrying, I would be all ears on any issues you came across. I make sure to get my gear in the hands of LEOs on a constant basis for Testing and Evaluation, and I'm always open to listening to any improvements my customers suggest.

As always, this is just my $0.02. YMMV.

Steve

The Following User Likes This Post: