View Single Post

Old 11-12-2010, 12:25 PM

Liked 248 Times in 127 Posts

Quoted from OCD1:

"How many people do you think call them for parts? Should they just send them out free? Some people believe it or not take advantage of companies."

Yep! Send them out for free...the definition of UNCONDITIONAL GARRANTY. And I don't take advantage of companies. As a matter of fact, I'm the kinda guy that will call and compliment them or their product. I often get a few seconds of "dead air" as the rep is not used to those calls and is at a loss for words.

"Their phone is always busy as they are a small family owned company. You can also send them e mail and they are very helpful."

I know that I made the comment about calling ten times, that was a bit over sensationalized. It really wasn't a big deal, but to have to beg for service after all of the waiting (read several calls to a busy line), it struck a bad cord at that time.

"The Lee bashing really gets old after a while. Spend 5-10 times the money and buy a Dillion or RCBS as we all know they are like Glocks. Perfect!"

I'm not bashing their product! I have only one of their products (soon to be two, both Auto Primes). I love it! But, unconditional means unconditional.

I have an RCBS single stage press, two die sets, powder measure, inertia puller and a beam scale.
All of the RCBS stuff, I inherited. The old RCBS 2 press was missing the handle. I tried finding something around the house that would work. I'm glad that I didn't, it would not have worked correctly and probably would have ruined the press. So, I call RCBS to find out about buying a new handle. The lady asks which style I would like. I didn't know that I had a choice, so I say which ever is the most popular and easy to work with. I then ask about the price. She says that she is sending it out. Again, I ask, the price? Absolutely free! Apparently, they stand behind all of their products no matter who you are, where or how you got it...forever!
I have one Lyman die. Most of my dies are Hornady. I had a problem with a new, scratched 38 spl/357 die, it was damaged to the point of putting heavy scratches on all of my cases. One call to them and I had a new die body in 5 days. No questions asked.

Like I said, I am new to all of this. As you can see, I have a variety of brands of equipment. I haven't had enough time with any of it to establish a bias (other a very positive one for RCBS) or justify any brand bashing. But I can make observations based on the limited exposure that I have had with the manufacturers customer support. And you know what they say about first impressions.

Be safe.

EDIT:

I forgot, I also have the Lee Factory Crimp Dies (6 of them) and love them too!
See, it's not about bashing, just about making a good product and standing behind it.

Last edited by Ceapea; 11-12-2010 at 12:40 PM.