View Single Post

Old 11-12-2010, 11:29 PM

Liked 877 Times in 265 Posts

Ya know.... For many of us our old S&W's are like old friends. Many of us had to struggle to buy those guns back then and parting with one today could be like loosing an arm.

I chose the pinned or pinned and recessed models because of the time frame. Because they were no longer made after about 1982 that would indicate those who posted have owned their revolvers for over 40 years. Those guns have lived through good times and bad just like their owners. I'm sure many had to sacrifice to have kept their handgun treasures so long.

Many S&W models were extremely hard to find and to buy during those years. I find the quest to have found them and stories about what people paid, as well as what people went through for their acquisition interesting.

That these pistols were held on to for over 40 years is a tribute to both the firearm and their owners in my opinion...

I hope others will post their pictures and stories here too. I believe there are many people who enjoy reading them as much as I do.....
The Following 3 Users Like Post: