View Single Post

Old 11-19-2010, 12:00 AM

Liked 877 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M29since14 View Post
Those are beautiful. I don't know how you managed to keep them all these years without relenting and shooting at least one of them!

I understand your story well. Mine is different in the details, but I think I can say I know where you are coming from.
Thanks for the complement....

I was fortunate to create a successful business while still in college. The money that didn't go into the business went into guns.

I was also fortunate to have started my collection in 1971 during the period of P&R S&Ws. A network of friends up and down the west coast, as well as some jobbers and distributors, would notify me when particular firearms of interest were delivered to dealers and I would be on my way.

When many of my friends were out partying I was chasing handguns. I've ended up with quite a large collection of NIB pistols of which I am also the original owner.

Yes, I shoot them too... I've also hunted big game (black bear and elk) successfully with them for over 35 years. Two of the pistols in my current shooter group have been with me from near the beginning.... a 6 inch Mod 57 and a 2 1/2inch 66. They were duplicate revolvers as is a Mod 29-2 8 3/8 not shown in the picture of current shooters below.

I love S&W handguns and nope, none are for sale. They all have their individual story and I couldn't part with any of them. My family will have to deal with there future when I'm gone....

The Following User Likes This Post: