View Single Post

Old 11-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Liked 740 Times in 117 Posts
Default 67-1 Gunshow Find!!

Hey Folks!!

I went over to the local gun show this morning and was headed out the door and almost out to the truck and a man parked next to me and was starting to walk past me with a box tucked under his arm. As I reached for my keys I asked what model his S&W was. He siad it was a model 67. I asked what he would be asking and he said $350 and I asked if I could have a look. He said he had bought the gun new and that he believed it was in the late seventies. He said it had been shot very little by his wife and that was all the action the gun had ever seen. I bought the gun and brought it home. It is a 67-1 with the original box,tool kit, all the paperwork, and is real clean. I am not sure what these go for but I figured in this condition it was probably a safe purchase. Does anyone know what year it was born to confirm the mans claim of being bought in the seventies?
I am not a big fan of the 38's usually, but this is a nice little gun. 4" barrel feels real balanced in my hand. Would this be considered a shooter or a collector? I shoot all my guns but if this should not be fired then I would probably sell it to someone to be a safe queen.
If anyone knows the manufacture date please let me know. Also give me your opinion on shooting it or not.

Thanks
Twig.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_9527.jpg (94.8 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_9535.jpg (77.7 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_9537.jpg (74.7 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_9543.jpg (33.1 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (77.9 KB, 234 views)