View Single Post

Old 11-26-2010, 08:11 PM
US Veteran

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags24 View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum!

I have an M&P 15 AR #811000. Is this the mark of which you speak? If so, it's more of a laser etch than a roll mark.
I got mine in July of '09 and haven't heard of any "flaking issues" but I do not frequent this section. I'm sure that one of the resident experts will be here shorty!

rags

Thanks for the welcome.

No that area (right side) is blank. On the other side it has the S&W Mark and then in in small etch it says Model M&P 15 near the safety, above and to the left near where the upper and lower meet. Either way I am calling s&w on monday morning and seeing what they say and give them the serial number. That being said I have not seen a single M&P lower without that M&P etching on the right side of the rifle.

Edit: I feel foolish for not realizing it until after I got home with it. Everything else seems to be in order and I do know that it originated as a stripped lower and upper with everything added to make it a 15t. It was the only thing I could find in my area by s&w so I went that route. In the end I will have it resolved because the guy is a small businessman and the last thing he needs is bad word of mouth if he wants his business to survive.

Last edited by Trashcanman; 11-26-2010 at 08:15 PM.