View Single Post

Old 12-03-2010, 12:39 AM
US Veteran

Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

The ones on GunBroker aren't in the same league as the later Korth Combat revolvers. If I could even begin to afford a .357 Korth Combat I would buy one for sure, why not? I have seen a picture of a cutaway of a Korth revolver and it looks like a Swiss watch inside the action, typical German obsessive overengineering, using 10 parts to do the job S&W does with 2. Mind boggling, I HOPE the Korths are all the quality they advertise and never break or wear out, because I wouldn't even want to begin trying to work on one

With my budget, the only German revolver I can afford is a Windicator by Weihrauch I looked at one and I have seen blank guns made to a higher standard.

If I had $30-50K to blow on a revolver I would get myself a bunch of Registered Magnums, 27's,28's, 29's,10's, maybe a Python, a couple dozen more GP-100's and still have a few K left over!

IMO those 5-shot fixed sight Korth .38's are not worth $2500+ and never will be, they were reportedly made when Korth was making a "budget" model for some German police forces and likely don't have the same level of hand fitting or QC. They were likely the only German revolver makers in the 60's (besides Wiehrauch) and from the info I was given made a run of service revolvers that were good quality, but not made "1 at a time" like the later ones. I would bet these Korths are no tougher than a Ruger Service Six.

Korths are a pure luxury item for people with enough money to not have to think about "expense vs. utility" and just want a $40,000 revolver so they can bring it out once a year to their private gun club and show it off.

They may be made to last forever, but ironically most of the Korths out there probably don't get fired all that much. The "working man" will get just as much utility from a Model 27,28 or a Ruger GP-100.
The Following User Likes This Post: