View Single Post

Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Roll crimps are for revolver rounds, period. If you want to try it, go ahead. The worst thing you will do is waste a bit of time and effort. Besides, playing is fun.

I have shot PPC for a few years. Scoring can be a pain when you use RN bullets. I remember the guy that was the big dog of the block when I started giving me a berating for using them when I first started. I watched him. He was using SWC and at 70 he could still beat me (40ish) at the 7 yard line in both score and time!

12 rounds in 18 seconds all double action with LSWC bullets. I figured if that old man could do it, so could I. All I needed was some practice. Guess what, after a few weeks and a lot of loading with dummy rounds, of course from speed loaders, and I was getting 12 rounds off, with a score of 120 in about 14 seconds. You have to go faster than that?

I doubt it.

Try other moon clips that hold the rounds tighter. Practice, practice, practice. If your chambers are already "funneled" everything should be OK with a SWC too.

I like the idea of taper crimping these at the end of the driving band better than a roll crimp for the reasons others have mentioned.

FWIW