View Single Post

Old 12-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust25 View Post
Has anyone had problems with the new Body Guard 380? I maybe the only one but there seems to be a problem with the slide locking pin. I cleaned mine before taking it to the range for the first time. Shot 46rounds without a hitch. On the 47th, the slide lock pin fell out and the slide, with a live round in the barrel, fell onto the shooting table. Cleaned it again and reset the locking pin as per manual. Tried it again. Pin fell out with the slide on the 7th shot. My dealer tried it and had the same problem on his 3 shot. Sent it back for repair. When returned, same problem. Locking pin keeps falling out. It's back in S&W shop for further repair.

It seems to happen more often with rapid fire. I don't think that the retaining spring is stiff enough, nor is the spring indent in the locking pin deep enough, to hold the pin in the lock position as the slide moves back and forth.

Any comments from other Body Guard 380 users?

Thanks in advance.
I have had my Bodyguard 380 for about two months now. The first time I fired it, it was great! After I broke the gun down and cleaned it my troubles began. I could not get the slide to lock out, it just wouldn't go back far enough. Then the take down lever or slide release kept popping out. This has been happing under rapid and slow fire. The same thing happened to me, I was using rapid fire and the lever popped out ,the whole slide with live round went flying down range. I felt like a complete *** asking them to shut down the firing line so I could gather the slide spring and guide rod. Taking mine back for repair. Have to wait and see.