View Single Post

Old 12-11-2010, 01:21 AM

Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe View Post
I wish that this thread had never started, especially with pictures. I need one of these like a root canal, and really don't have a practical use for such a firearm at all, but every now and then, I get the fever BAD! I think this is one of those times.
There is a lot of that going around...I don't even LIKE SAAs or clones there of. You have to do that knit-one-pearl two thing to load them. From what I see on the ranges, they do require more intensive up keep than I'm used to. The design was old when the N frame was young.

But Good Grief, look at the pictures! And every USFA revolver I've actually seen looked just like the pictures. They were beautiful and their timing was perfect.

I keep thinking...5.5" bbl, 45ACP, lanyard loop, "Smokless" frame, maybe some really cool grips (stocks?) with the Federal Eagle on one side and the Aztec Eagle on the other. When I was a kid, I saw that motif a lot, especially in South Texas.

I figure that would just about kill a $1500 bill, but that revolver would turn heads at the range.

Charles

Last edited by Texas1941; 12-11-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: sp