View Single Post

Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 AM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default Hand Weapons of the 25th Century

IMHO, the authors of science fiction have largely missed the imaginable mark with their "Phasors" and "Light Sabers". I can not believe for a second that in the 25th Century any weapon would be capable of missing its target once activated. And the up close and person physical feature of the Light Sable is just not a happening idea. With that said my imagination came up with; The Personal Particle Beam Ball; a baseball sized particle beam projector that is directed by the owner's brain waves. When put into use the owner pulls the PPBB from its handy pouch and give a small toss into the air. From that initiation the PPBB hovers, rotates and travels to points advantageous to the owner. When given the owner's brain wave command the PPBB shoots a particle beam traveling at the speed of light out to connect with a target selected by the owner. When the owner's brain waves command the PPBB to return it does so and comes to a hover within hand reach for return to its handy carry pouch. A PPBB having been programed by the owner cannot be used by any other being. I am applying for a patent tomorrow. My 25th Century relatives are going to be rich! :-) ............. Big Cholla