View Single Post

Old 12-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Liked 46 Times in 22 Posts

Morning, Guys,

Thanks for the feedback on this little revolver. I have several .22's, including an Old Model 9 1/2" barreled Ruger Single Six Convertible, which is a very nice gun, indeed. I did find, however, that my SS Convertible is VERY ammo sensitive, and shoots great with only Federal .22 ammunition. Other brands just don't group well in that gun. .22 Mag stuff does a bit better, as might be assumed, with the slightly larger bore of Convertible pistols.

In any case, I was thinking about the Bearcat, mainly because of it's small size, and lighter weight. But, the comment on price is dead on. It's an expensive little bugger, for what it is!! I once saw very nice J-frame .22 snubby, which I shoulg have bought, but didn't. It had adjustable sights, too, which would have made it a very nice little kit gun. Oh, well.... too soon old, too late smart, eh?!!

I'll check around for a used Bearcat, and see what turns up. I have smaller hands, and so it should work very well for me. In truth, though, I think it would be great to have one of the older ones, with a brass grip frame. They are lighter in weight, but from what I've read, MUCH "heavier" in cost!! Thanks for your thoughts on the Bearcat, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc