View Single Post

Old 12-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Liked 831 Times in 390 Posts

One more FOBUS holster I already own.

This one is for the “Baby Glock” (i.e. G26, G27, etc.)
Aptly marked GL26
Another thread on this board mentioned the GL26 holster as an option for the M39 - found: a modern holster for the S&W mdl 39
This suggestion inspired me to do all this experimentation with my FOBUS holster collection.

The M39 actually fits MORE snugly in the smaller Glock holster than it did in the bigger Glock holster. Yet, it doesn’t fit snugly enough to ensure the gun won’t become dislodged during vigorous activity. The GL26 holster does not reliably pass the inversion test. At first it seemed like it was holding the M39 quite well. Then suddenly, the M39 just fell right out on the floor. Not good. If you cram the M39 into the holster really hard, it will fool you. I’m here to tell you, don’t trust it on its own.

So, what to do if your holster on hand isn’t trustworthy for retaining the M39 (or whatever other gun you may stuff in it)? If you are concealing, or if you simply refuse to be a slave to fashion, an inexpensive cordlock (available at any camping outfitter), and a length of para cord, and you are 100% secure against a gun-grab or a bungee-jump.

The “tails” of the para cord are left conspicuously free for the purpose of the photo. The tails could be tucked behind the belt and/or into your trousers in such a way that only a keen eye would even notice the presence of the para cord. The cordlock would probably appear to be just a feature of the holster itself.

Yes, it adds time to your quickdraw -- but you can always unfasten the loop if you are in Indian territory, and expecting savages. The loop does not have to be removed from the belt or the cordlock – just loosened. Be sure to remember to re-secure the loop before the track-and-field event commences.

Last edited by W.E.G.; 12-11-2010 at 06:20 PM.