View Single Post

Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 AM

Liked 17,021 Times in 3,907 Posts
Default Graduation Day!

Well, my son made it! He graduated several days ago from his agency's training academy, and has now begun his career in earnest.

I was so proud to attend his graduation, but I cannot get over how grown up he seems now, and I can just imagine the way my Dad must have felt as he watched me and my brothers begin our own careers...it's quite a feeling!

As part and parcel of their new careers, my son and his classmates have accepted a tremendous amount of responsibility, and they have left behind many of the carefree aspects of their youth. He now carries his sidearm, and his badge and credentials, at all times, along with his government-issued Blackberry, and there are many restrictions that go along with all of that. (Any time he goes out socially, he will always be the designated driver, LOL!) But the reward for that tradeoff can be found in the unique wording of his credentials, which note that he is authorized to enforce the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia, to make arrests, to execute warrants...and to provide protection to the President of the United States.

My son and his classmates have undertaken a difficult, challenging and honorable mission...please keep them all in your prayers. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: