View Single Post

Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Liked 58,993 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I use to use the old "Breathalyzer" as a lie detector. When you turned it on the system had to be purged of old air and new air sample was tested.

DUI suspect was told to blow in the tube until the rods on top rose out of the machine and it buzzed. This happened every time no matter what.

A well known but stubborn burglary suspect was told this is a lie detector. I'll ask you a question and you answer. Then you blow in the tube.. If the rods rise it indicates you are lying and if it is a bad lie the machine will shock you when the rods reach the top.

Suspect blows, rods rise, suspects eyes get big, Keep blowing!! Rods continue to rise, eyes get bigger and machine buzzes. Suspect jumps back and throws the tube away.

See, we know you're lying, now let's get to the truth. Pick up the tube..... interview continued and stolen property was recovered.
That's like the one I heard about the cops running a wire from the copy machine to a metal collander which they would then put on the perp's head. They put a piece of paper under the cover. The would ask the guy a question and when he would answer somebody would press the copy button and the lie detector would spit out a piece of paper that read "He's Lying." I understand they got lots of "confessions" from some of the dumb ones until the Chief found out and reamed them all-I heard tell he could hardly keep a straight face.

Down here I believe the proper legal term used is "Trickeration"