View Single Post

Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Liked 4,919 Times in 1,706 Posts

...have been a S&W owner since 1970 and just never got around to buying a long barrel. Not even sure I ever even shot one till just a few years ago.

But as .41 Magnum was my favorite caliber I finally succumbed after finding two very cheaply priced 657s within a short period of time...

I sold one of them to a friend after bidding on a 70s vintage 57 8 3/8 that no one wanted because it was D&T for a scope... When the gun arrived I was amazed to find that whoever the smith was who did the job DIDN'T PUNCH THE HOLES all the way through the frame! So when the rear sight is in place it looks all original.

Then came a 27-2 that I bought because some nice person replaced the Magna's with a set of Cokes!! Replaced the grips with Magnas and sold it for more than I bought the gun for...

The Cokes now reside on a 1964 M58...

My final long gun was a unfired 70s vintage M57 nickel in the PC...I had it for about a year before selling it...still unfired for someone else to appreciate...

So I have one blue and one stainless .41 Magnum and that will probably be about it for long barrels....although I might consider a M48 at the right price...

Bob

Last edited by SuperMan; 12-14-2010 at 10:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: