Thread: bore snake
View Single Post

Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 PM

Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts

ok i didnt mean that you could wear it out by cleaning it in any way, what i ment with the car comment was that a simple mistake like setting in one place to long with a buffer or rollin the edge of the pad over and getting into the plastic or steel part of the buffer on the paint

and yes i agree if you have the proper guide and rod you can protect the crown and clean the bore with no chance of damage..

and ive been going to matches since i was 8 yrs old and ive never seen not one person break out a wire brush and run it down there barrel(patches yes but not a wire brush, ive even seen the stiffer plastic brushes)..

we are not talkin about a match rifle here that needs the barrel swabbed every few rounds we are talking about a gun that the more you shoot it the tighter it will group till a point...

with that in mind and the fact that im sure alot of the people here bought a 22 cal cleaning kit from wall mart. that doesnt have a bore guide,so there is a chance of damaging something for no reason.. not that they will damage it, just that they might

its his rifle and yours is your rifle and if you wanna tear it down and clean the **** out of it every time you shoot it then by all means do it. i wasnt trying to say that he or anyone else was in the wrong by cleaning the bore of the rifle... what i was trying to point out is that its not worth loosing sleep over and that it wont hurt a thing not to butt floss your rifle every time its fired it..

if you have the time ,do it, but be mindful of the points inwhich you can damage..