View Single Post

Old 12-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Liked 248 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul5388 View Post
One I have posted many times is the way to use Lee dippers instead of a trickler or powder measure.

The big dipper gets it close and the small dipper can be gently tapped with the index finger to add small amounts of powder. I don't normally burn my hand on the wood heater, but did a day or so before the picture was taken.
I've been doing this ever since I started loading with my used, inherited equipment. It works great and you can get very accurate weights by doing so.

Another "tip"...for a media separator.
I picked up a $2 dish washing pan at the dollar store (huh?) and marked 1" square lines all across the bottom. I drilled a 1/4" hole at every intersection to "drain" the media. I put it into an 18 gal tub ($4 at hardware store) and dump the media and brass into the dish pan. After 35-40 seconds of shaking, all you have left is clean, shiny brass. Then I pour the media from the 18 gal tub back into the tumbler.
Works great! To speed thing up even more, I recently drilled 1/4" holes in the middle of each square and now it takes about 1/2 as long (20-25 seconds maybe) to separate everything.

Here are some pictures...

Last edited by Ceapea; 12-22-2010 at 06:11 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: