View Single Post

Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 285 Posts

I had one back when these things were new in the mid-90s. The Clinton high cap mag ban killed the gun, since it was then brand new on the market and without a ton of 15 round mags to "grandfather" in.

I always liked it because of the VERY slim profile, the very slim grip profile (probably the slimmest high cap 9mm ever) and a score of other features . . . including its double action revolver feeling trigger, as well as a conventional double action pistol selector switch.

I recently found another just like my first . . . the duo-tone "Practical" option (most were just flat black).

You CAN find 'em out there on the used market at fairly reasonable prices. Most have 10 round post ban mags but some have the original 15 round magazines.

Here's another shot of the Browning BDM I just bought. Virtually brand new, in the box with an original 15 rounder at a very good price.

If you love the Smith revolvers like I do, you might just also fall in love with the Browning BDM too! It fits in lots of holsters made for Browning Hi Powers and 1911 variants . . .