View Single Post

Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 88 Times in 56 Posts

I just watched the video clip that CQB posted, a lot to learn there.

The guy with the revolver on the left side of the screen seems to know his game, only saw a couple potential errors. Notice how he seemed to be the slowest shooter, well he was using his time, last one to finish the sitting, took his time in the prone and left hand, then stepped up the pace right handed. That could almost have been me, my timing is pretty close to that. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

The biggest thing that jumped out at me, with that revolver shooter, was that he didn't seem to follow through on his last shots, at least in the prone and left hand. Notice how quickly his head pops up after the last shot. You have to stay on those sights until the recoil stops, in fact set up for a seventh shot to ensure follow through.

Also notice that this shooter is taking a breath for every shot, really pronounced in his sitting position. Breathing is important, especially at the 50. As the O2 in your blood drops the first thing to go is your eye sight & focusing ability.

Now, I'm not sure I'd want to be running a video camera from in front of the firing line.