View Single Post

Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 PM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I scoured the area and the online shops for deals on 40F and 9F magazines some time ago.

As as rule, magazines made for the F's -- these days -- are sold for less than the magazines for the VE's. I bought several for about $20.00 each about a year ago, and to this day see them advertised quite a bit less than those for the VE's -- and they are still S & W magazines.

Fact is --- they work like a champ in VE series Sigmas, and the bonus is -- the 9mm will carry a total of seventeen (17) in the magazine well, and the .40 caliber will carry a total of fifteen (15).

I find they slide and lock right into the grip of the VE without having to modify, sand, trim or whatever -- the baseplate as described by some other posters in this forum.

Just give it a firm shove, and it sets and locks in place -- ready to fire. Plus -- I have not had issues of FTF, stovepipe, or fail to eject with those magazines in the VE's either.

As far as I am concerned -- more capacity for less money.

One thing to be aware of, however, is that the MAGAZINE LENGTH is longer, so it does, indeed, have a different look to it, and the baseplate sticks out from the bottom of the grip a bit. This never has bothered me, as the extra space just feels better in my hand, but it could (admittedly) aesthetically bother some people.

Hope this information helps

LTMEMORY
The Following 2 Users Like Post: