View Single Post

Old 12-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona98tj View Post
Out of the 100 rounds, had two failure to fire. In both cases, I rotated the round around to a fresh area of the rim and it ignited on the 2nd try. That is about the same failure rate I get with Federal bulk.

They still hold a tighter group.....but they do appear to have "some" of the traits normally found with bulk ammo.

Anyone else experience any failures to fire?
Interesting... and disappointing to hear. The other day, I had exactly 3/100 FTF with Federal Champion (525 bulk)... same deal, rotating the round and it fired with the 2nd try.

I had 0/60 FTF with Federal AutoMatch 40gr (325 bulk).

To date, I have had zero FTF with CCI Mini-Mag (nearly 1000 rounds total).

I had always assumed the hallmark of CCI ammo was the very low FTF rates. Hearing that your CCI Tactical had even that many FTF is a bit disappointing.

Thinking about it, the lower velocity on the CCI Tactical should theoreticallly keep the groups tighter than the higher-velocity CCI Mini-Mag. I wonder if the standard-velocity CCI Tactical even goes supersonic coming out of the 15-22. Anyone notice if they hear that second crack from the supersonic bullet using the CCI Tactical? I know it is very pronounced when using CCI Mini-Mag and Federal AutoMatch.