View Single Post

Old 12-30-2010, 08:32 PM

Liked 205 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberOne View Post
My dad was a movie buff and he had an 8x10 B&W glossy direct from the studio signed my Clint Eastwood. He worked at the Star Theater in Oceanside, CA when the film was released. Back then I wasn’t really thinking of the photos’ value. Dang if I know what came of it but I wish I had it now. This thread brings back memories in a way I can't describe.

Today, the theater is a historical landmark and was restored to its 1960’s appearance. I get an eerie feeling when I go there and see it. My dad was the manager there for 7-years and I can still see him tearing apart tickets at the door when the Clint Eastwood films and others' were king.

A bit later in life I saw Clint Eastwood at his Carmel restaurant ‘The Hogs Breath’ when he came in with his girlfriend. Man, if this all doesn’t make me want a DH kit then nothing will. Fact is, some memories bring back more pain than joy, but its all good.
Thanks for sharing. My Grandparents and one of my uncles and an aunt grew up in Oceanside. "Tex" was the President of the Elks club and active with the VFW from the 60's to about 5 years ago. He was a retired Marine veteran and though originally from Texas he fell in love with Oceanside while in the Corps. I will share this post with him.

Indiuckian